Tuesday, April 16, 2013

@lobojost Informative Tweets.


So far from the new twitter profiles that were suggested I've been reading stuff that @lobojost has posted. He recently posted an article called "The Bronx is Heating Up." This article talks about how high rent is in Manhattan are, 1.8million for a two bedroom apartment. Locations in Queens and Brooklyn are getting pricey as well. All the convenient locations are getting very expensive except for the Bronx. In the article the fact that the Bronx is 20 minutes away, with express trains available to midtown, is pointed out. Bronx is suddenly looking like the “sensible alternative.”  What I got from this article was that not many people think of the Bronx when they are looking for new places to move in. Many parts of the Bronx’s have changed and many "drug dealers have moved out and gay artists have moved in" as said in the article. Not many people realize that buying in the Bronx might be very convenient. I was just speaking to my friends yesterday and she mentioned that she wanted to move out. She was looking for apartments with her potential roommates and got into a disagreement with her friend who was looking for apartments In the Bronx. My friend said that although rent was cheaper in the Bronx she refused to move there. I agreed with her because of the dangerous conditions going on and the stories I’ve heard about living in the Bronx, but after reading the article I’m not as hesitant about living in the Bronx. There are nice areas in the Bronx just as there are in any other area.

If it wasn’t for following this page on twitter I would have never read this article. There are very interesting and informative articles that can be found through peoples tweets and this was one of them. Being on social networks can be very beneficial if people took advantage of all the information that is offered on these networks. I now have a new perspective about living in the Bronx. This article pointed out the positive perspective of living there.

Here is the link to the article: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323741004578418682347182750.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

 

4 comments:

  1. This general topic is quite interesting and you speak about it clearly. I could say I never would've guessed that an apartment would be that much in Manhattan, but then again it is Manhattan. Everything is expensive in New York, especially Manhattan. However, I would say like there are nice areas anywhere you go, the nicer areas tend to be a bit more expensive. Being one that has lived in the Bronx for many years, I know how bad some of the areas can be. In places like Queens and Brooklyn, big changes have been made and continue to be made to ensure the development of the boroughs. Bronx on the other hand has not made huge changes and hopefully they will at some point. To be a little constructive on ur blog, I would say it would have been better if you spoke a little more on what was in the article and divided your blog into paragraphs to separate your main points. I would also suggest putting the article at the top so readers may read the article and understand what you're talking about. Or perhaps finding a negative article on living in the Bronx would have been quite interesting. All in all, great blog and very informative. I would never move back myself, but I'm sure many others will think the way you do after reading the article.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I like you idea about adding an article that speaks of the negative aspect of living in the Bronx. I will add that in. :)

      Delete
  2. This blog is good and you seem to know what you were reading very well. Maybe you should include one of those dangerous stories you have heard about in the Bronx. What do you think the importance of this article is? Why should people care about this article? Also, you said this article changed your perspective about the Bronx but maybe you want to read more than one article before your view on an area is changed. Although Twitter can be a great source for information, it can also be a great distraction from school work and things of that nature. Do you have any tips for Twitter users that will help them use Twitter strictly for information purposes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your right about me reading more articles about the Bronx that way I dont make all my opinions based on one article. I only have twitter for school so I don't get to ditracted with twitter, but my advice would be to follow imformative profiles on topics you are interested in.

    ReplyDelete